I saw the Golden Gate bridge. Nice bridge. Looks like other bridges I have seen. Then I went and got a coffee.
In the course of my wanderings over the weekend, I have been struck by a few things. Firstly, for the fashion conscious man about town, shorts and knee-high socks seem to be the way to go. Secondly, I have never seen such a quantity of dog grooming salons or dog boutiques, or indeed TINY dogs ever. There are more dog salons than hair salons. However, I did pass a hair salon (for humans) today which doesn’t wash, cut or colour. It blowdries. For $40.
San Francisco is a great city – friendly, with a nice breeze. I’m having a ball!
Other helpful observations:
- Chip and pin does not exist here. You sign with a pen.
- Wifi is surprising hard to come by
- Mailboxes look like trash cans (post boxes look like rubbish bins)
- Segways exist in the wild
- I will shortly have more dollar bills than my wallet can handle
- Read the price tag then add a bit for tax
- You may have permisison to cross the road, but cars will still turn onto the street. Technically, it is illegal for them to hit you
- MacDonalds asked if I wanted my chicken crispy. They didn’t give an alternative. Soggy?
- Always leave a dollar tip when buying a drink
- Never assume that 14th Street is after 13th and before 15th.
- You can get lost even if the city is in a grid layout. Well, I can.
- No-one uses the word fortnight.
Here are the things I deemed worthy of photographing.